Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to Micro-Mesh Engineering Ltd. via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Micro-Mesh Engeering Ltd., we or us
Micro-Mesh Engineering Ltd., a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 0115 975 2929 whose registered office is at Micro-Mesh Engineering, Dabell Avenue, Nottinghamshire, NG6 8WA;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Micro-Mesh Engineering Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Micro-Mesh Engineering Ltd. and accessing the Website in the connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using www.filterfinder.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular included the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person included firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “Including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Definitions and interpretation
- For purpose of the application Data Protection Laws, Micro-Mesh Engineering Ltd. is the “data controller”. This means that Micro-Mesh Engineering Ltd. determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which included personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you; and
- Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Micro-Mesh Engineering Ltd. will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- When you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- When you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us make improvements to Website content and navigation, and included your IP address, the data, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products / services;
- Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take you consents as given unless you opt-out
- For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of the contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contact.
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- Our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to ensure products reach our customers;
- Third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to authenticate user payments;
- Relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
Keeping Data Secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- We store your Data on secure servers.
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.)
- We are certified to ISO 9001. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right of data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agree, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputed arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Returns, Refund and Cancellation Policy
We operate a returns policy for unwanted and faulty goods. Should you need to return any item to us for any reason please contact us first by e-mail – see bottom of page.
Please return goods unused and in original packaging in perfect condition for resale within 60 days of receipt. We recommend obtaining proof of postage. A full refund minus the shipping costs will be made on receipt of the returned goods.
Please note that you are responsible for shipping costs when returning unwanted goods.
If any of the goods are faulty, we will either refund the cost amount in full or send you a replacement free of charge.
If you would like to exchange any items please contact us and we will do our best to get your exchanged items to you. Please be aware that you are responsible for the cost of sending the unwanted item back to us and also the shipping costs for sending out the exchange item.
Changing or cancelling an order
Cancelling your order. You have the right to cancel your order within 24 hours from the time you place your order. To cancel your order please contact us in writing within 24 hours.
If you would like to amend your order and the order has not been dispatched we will happily take payment of the extra items and send all items out together. If your order has already been dispatched we cannot add anymore items and you will be required to place an additional order.
Will any return costs be refunded?
If you return something because of an error on our part or because it’s damaged or defective, we will refund any charges incurred in returning the item to us (either by a personalised pre-paid return label or by refunding your return postage costs – up to 2nd class postage only).
We’ll check all items returned as damaged or defective. In the event we find no fault, we reserve the right to re-charge you for the item/s and to recover our fees and expenses from you.
My Payment Card has changed/expired. How will I receive my refund?
We process all refunds to the original card used when you placed your order. If your card has expired we will send a cheque to cover any refund costs.
When will I receive my refund?
We action all refunds the same day we receive the goods back and it can take up to 3 working days for the refund to show on you card.
You may contact Micro-Mesh Engineering Ltd. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org